Toto's Before Photo Shoot

Hooray, Sapphire and I managed to pop up Toto with no fuss. I was so glad that my 8 year old daughter could lift the roof just enough to get the beds sliding out, phew! I was a bit worried that I'd have to devise a plan to pop the roof if she couldn't lift it. I grow them strong it would appear.

We popped it up at my friends place Bec and Paul, who we purchased Toto from so they could give us a quick run over whats what and what goes where.  I think I've managed to retain most of what was said to me lol, well everything except how to use the wheel ramps. Its all a learning curve, one I am thoroughly enjoying though.

Without further ado, here are the pics of Toto's before photo shoot for your eyes to paroose. Its not in bad condition just needs some TLC, with the major part of my budget going towards awesome beds, mozzie proofing and solar power.

yay we got it up, eep my little home is so cute.

Toto has a half door the top is like a tent and rolls up and zips down, I need to come up with a plan to either have a full hard door or a really good mozzie proofing. As you can see the canvas isnt flush with the walls, we are heading up north to warmth, and mozzies worry me. Maybe a strip of fabric and some velcro might work?

Wide shot. Its surprising just how much room is in this camper. Sapphire and I will be very comfortable on our travels thats for sure.
Long view from the lounge bed side. The plan is to replace the bed ply and have new mattresses custom fitted, because a good nights sleep means the difference between a happy and not so happy camper. The cabinets will get a lick of paint, the bench chairs new upholstery, and a nice table installed - or maybe I might have a fold away haven't decided yet. The floor with get a face lift with some wood grained  laminate slats.

The same will happen on the lounge side of the camper. I'll add in curtains for some privacy. It s a small space so I think curtains in front of the bed will give us that space when we need it, especially because I'll soon have a tween on my hands, privacy is everything no matter how small, she can be moody with me safely then haha

Im unsure if I will replace the fridge, I think it is a 1970's original, if I can source one with minimal fuss and install with minimal fuss it will be worth replacing. I will be looking into how to reseal a sink with epoxy resin, or I wonder if you can easily paint on an enamel for sinks these days? The tap needs replacing and so will the water tank. Super Cheap Auto has all this stuff for fairy decent prices, so its certainly doable.

Just a shot to show the cabinet next to the dinning "room". The question is, food or clothes. all the seats have storage under them, so it may be food hmm tricky decision. All the windows will also have matching curtains to the beds. I'm drawing up a mood board with all my plans, I'll show them in the next post.

Comments